Pro-106 - no connectivity to Win7 Pro -> ARC500 v1.18 B1

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMurtry

Installed USB driver from the CD with RS cable #20-546 and ARC500 on a Win7 Pro machine and am having no luck gaining connectivity.

I bought the scanner & programming disc/cable several years ago. At the time, computer was running WinXP. I licensed ARC500, programmed the Pro-106, and I recall that the USB driver and ARC500 software installed unremarkably and worked fine under WinXP.

Computer now runs Win7Pro, and I need to reprogram the Pro-106. Installed USB driver from the file CDM20600 on the RS disc; installed as an administrator. Win7 messages indicate the driver installed correctly. Device manager > ports indicates "USB serial port (com4)" when I plug cable in, and the listing disappears when I unplug cable.

So. No connectivity between the scanner and ARC500 (v1.18 Build 1 which got auto-updated after I installed the original version of ARC500 off the RS disc today). The Pro-106 LCD screen is blank when the cable is attached. As I recall, when I dealt with this before, there was some indication on the scanner's LCD screen when the cable was attached.

I am attempting the connection with the scanner powered off. As I recall is should be off when serial transfers are happening. An AC adapter is plugged in to the Pro-106 as the batteries are dead.

Hope someone can double-check my steps and perhaps let me know what I've neglected. And thank you, in advance!

Bob

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
There is no indication that is displayed by the LCD when one connects the programming cable. It only displays something different when a transfer is initiated.

Transfers can only be done while the scanner is turned on. The scanner needs to be able to write the programming to memory and needs to be powered to do so.

If it still doesn't work, you might want to try to update your drivers which can be found at Virtual COM Port Drivers. Download links are about halfway down the page.

McMurtry

Spitfire:

"Note to self: scanner need be ON for data transfers."

I'll forward you my shipping address so you can send me the Daily Idiot award.

Thanks so much! Works just fine - and that ARC500 software is quickly coming back to me.

Again, Thanks!

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.