pro-197 hung on control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA1LCR

Premium Subscriber
My pro-197 is not resuming scan whan scanning a Motorola p25 trunking system (Maine state communication network) if the audio is coming from the active control channel. Is there a setting that I am missing? The scanner doesn't seem to be smart enough to know voice stopped and stays hung
on the control data stream carrier.

ScannerSK

My pro-197 is not resuming scan whan scanning a Motorola p25 trunking system (Maine state communication network) if the audio is coming from the active control channel. Is there a setting that I am missing? The scanner doesn't seem to be smart enough to know voice stopped and stays hung
on the control data stream carrier.

Was it working fine before and just stopped working properly? Is there a talkgroup ID displayed on the screen while this is occurring?

Shawn

ScannerSK

It appears there are a number of settings that affect P25 systems in the advanced menu (accessed by pressing PGM then FUNC then F3). I would attempt to set each of the following settings to the default by pressing F3 (Dflt).

DG Int Prime
96CC HD2 TO
96VC SQ TO
96VC XF TO
HD2 Qual DG

I'm thinking it could be one of the above settings that could be causing your issue.

Shawn

KA1LCR

Premium Subscriber
There is a talk group displayed, and it still receives that talk group. I am going to see f default helps. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.