PRO 2096 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmangan

Premium Subscriber
I'm still learning this unit, but I had a quick question. How can I manually toggle to a specific talkgroup channel? (I.E. Fire 1, Fire 2, etc) I have the scanner set to only scan a certain talkgroup, but I'd like to be able to manually go to a specific channel within that talkgroup. With my PRO 197, it's a breeze, this seems more complicated.

Thanks!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pro2096

While sitting on any manual channel ... You press "Program" then "TRUNK" button quickly and it puts you in the TRUNKING area of the BANK # you're in. The Talk-groups can be added, turned on or off there. You toggle the arrow buttons to look through them. You can add them on the fly while scanning by pressing the TRUNK button when a new one pops up.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/137739/Radio-Shack-Pro-2096.html

Last edited by a moderator:

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pro2096 question

Sure thing. I have the Pro96. Best scanner I ever had. Just wish it had Phase II TDMA capabilities. It beats my WS1080 hands down for holding a trunked Simulcast Control Channel and for volume in the car while driving. 2096 same thing.

kmangan

Premium Subscriber
While sitting on any manual channel ... You press "Program" then "TRUNK" button quickly and it puts you in the TRUNKING area of the BANK # you're in. The Talk-groups can be added, turned on or off there. You toggle the arrow buttons to look through them. You can add them on the fly while scanning by pressing the TRUNK button when a new one pops up.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/137739/Radio-Shack-Pro-2096.html

When I do that, I'm able to tune to the specific channel, but hear no audio... when I scan however, it lands on channels fine and has audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.