Pro-96: Win 96 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

redinindy

Premium Subscriber
My Win 96 is a registered version. Whenever I upload to the scanner in one bank, the bank that was previously uploaded and working good gets erased. It doesn't matter what I am uploading...conv or trunk. In other words, I will upload to bank 0. There's no problem and is working. I then change the bank to 1 with more frequencies in Win 96 and upload. Bank 1 has no problems and is working but I would find that bank 0 frequencies are completely erased. I would then fill in bank 2 and upload and bank 1 is erased. Is it a problem with Win 96 or a memory problem with the scanner. Or what am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step in saving a bank before moving onto the next one when programming? thanks! Scanner is a Pro 96.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
My Win 96 is a registered version. Whenever I upload to the scanner in one bank, the bank that was previously uploaded and working good gets erased. It doesn't matter what I am uploading...conv or trunk. In other words, I will upload to bank 0. There's no problem and is working. I then change the bank to 1 with more frequencies in Win 96 and upload. Bank 1 has no problems and is working but I would find that bank 0 frequencies are completely erased. I would then fill in bank 2 and upload and bank 1 is erased. Is it a problem with Win 96 or a memory problem with the scanner. Or what am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step in saving a bank before moving onto the next one when programming? thanks! Scanner is a Pro 96.
Unfortunately, that is normal behavior. You need to do all of your programming at the same time (in the same file). There is no option to only upload 'one bank' at a time. Whatever you write to the scanner overwrites what was previously there.

You could program 'bank one', upload it and verify it's behaving as you like, then, in the same program file, set up another one (bank zero, bank two, whatever), then save & upload the file, programming two banks in the scanner. Then verify it's accurate, and add yet another in your working file. However many banks you have programmed in the file is what you'll end up with when you upload to the scanner. Anything in there before you write to the scanner will be erased.

Status
Not open for further replies.