help butel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstane001

i have the butel software ARC83 to be exact to program my pro-84 scanner. the software is working ok and i understand how to input frequencies but when i go to put in scanner it does its thing but the frequencies are not in my scanner. It says it did but didnt. iam using a cable from valley enterprises part number PCX3015 also equivalent to radio shack 20-546.. when i do plug the cable into scanner it does say wired.

i understand that this scanner was not initailly to be used via usb but by the older style d shaped connentor. i dont know my PC lingo.

any help thanks

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
From doing a quick Google search it looks like the cable you ordered came with a adaptor. Are you using the adaptor if so try it with out the adaptor or vice versa.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bstane001

oh yeah

how is a guy supposed to know that his scanner is correctly communicating to the software. if the software program doesnt allow downloading to scanner during a demo period? i have a feeling iam out 20 bucks paying for the software. it wouldnt be the first time iam out some money with nothing to show for it

bstane001

thanks for the reply and yes i used the adaptor because when i didnt , it did not reconize that it was plugged in

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
how is a guy supposed to know that his scanner is correctly communicating to the software. if the software program doesnt allow downloading to scanner during a demo period? i have a feeling iam out 20 bucks paying for the software. it wouldnt be the first time iam out some money with nothing to show for it
Yeah for sure man the software is definitely worth a 20. Yeah it looks like you will have to buy ARC83 if you want to us it to program the scanner.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yeah for sure man the software is definitely worth a 20. Yeah it looks like you will have to buy ARC83 if you want to us it to program the scanner.

I read that wrong I'd you have bought the software it should work. ARC83 was made for the rs pro 83 and 84 scanners
I think this sounds more like a hardware problem. And that it is more than likely the programming cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.