Pro 2006 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para078

Just replaced the electroluminescent panel on my 2006 and still no light. I resoldered the leads but still no light. What do I do next?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Several questions: Was there any degree of light with the old panel? Did you make sure to install the new panel with the correct side facing out? Do you have the 2006 with the on/off switch? Is the new panel a direct fit, or did it need to be cut? It's also possible that the inverter has failed. I replaced my EL panel maybe 3 years ago, and the replacement does not provide a level of brightness that it should.

Para078

Several questions: Was there any degree of light with the old panel? Did you make sure to install the new panel with the correct side facing out? Do you have the 2006 with the on/off switch? Is the new panel a direct fit, or did it need to be cut? It's also possible that the inverter has failed. I replaced my EL panel maybe 3 years ago, and the replacement does not provide a level of brightness that it should.

It had a faint light. Mine has the dimmer switch. No change using it. The numbers still display, just can.t see 'em.

k9wkj

i have a 2005 i cant see
i dont want to spend a cent on the thing as wow it will take a eternity to program all the crap in it i want
25-1300mhz all by hand ugggg

LesWurk

few years ago a progamming interface for scanners if you like to build and can find the parts.

MainPage

In any case if you don't change programming often it would be worth it to brighten the display and manually program it

i have a 2005 i cant see
i dont want to spend a cent on the thing as wow it will take a eternity to program all the crap in it i want
25-1300mhz all by hand ugggg

Status
Not open for further replies.