Pro 82 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABarnett

Hello everyone,

I'm new to scanners kinda I'm now looking to boost freq. I can here and I'm guessing to do this I need a antenna the scanner I have is a handheld one anyone that can tell me the best one to buy so I can pick up more grew.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I'm new to scanners kinda I'm now looking to boost freq. I can here and I'm guessing to do this I need a antenna the scanner I have is a handheld one anyone that can tell me the best one to buy so I can pick up more grew.
Hi AB,
Welcome to Radio Reference.

What are you looking to hear on your scanner? Looking at your county in the database, it appears that much of the public safety agencies are using this system. That is a digital trunked system that your Pro-82 cannot receive. I do see that in the notes, at least some of the radio traffic is also on conventional channels with the range that your scanner can receive. The frequencies on the database page are grouped by agency. The type of antenna that you would use will depend, in large part, upon what you want to monitor.

To get more specific information on what is used in your area, you may want to have your thread moved to the California Regional Forum. To do that, don't create a new thread. Instead, click on the red outlined triangle in the upper right corner of your original post, to 'report the thread'. You'll get a pop-up menu field where you can enter your request to have it moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.