Repair program for Pro-668

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Whistler is now offering a repair program for the Pro-668.

The cost of the program is the same as our Whistler out-of-warranty scanners - $120.

If you are interested in having a Pro-668 repaired, please contact our customer service department at 866.923.8719.

toy023

Premium Subscriber
Well done Whistler!

Job well done on offering to fix scanners that have been locked for $89. Because of this turn of events I plan on sending in my unlocked scanner for $59 upgrade. Again, very well done!

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
So the main difference between the 60 and 90 upgrade fee is if the unit is locked.
I ask because i have 4.5 and 3.x in mine. I was shooting for better P25 decoding and felt that worked best for me. So my unit has modified software but is not locked.
Based on that im guessing i need the 60 service. Correct.

AtlasFBG2

So the main difference between the 60 and 90 upgrade fee is if the unit is locked.
I ask because i have 4.5 and 3.x in mine. I was shooting for better P25 decoding and felt that worked best for me. So my unit has modified software but is not locked.
Based on that im guessing i need the 60 service. Correct.

Better flash it back to Radio Shack before sending it in.

Never know if Whistler might update the dsp and date then charge you $90 once it is on their hands.

scosgt

WAIT.
This says "repair service. It says NOTHING about unlocking.

MichaelBhere

WAIT.
This says "repair service. It says NOTHING about unlocking.

The post I read earlier was pretty straight forward.

Fully functioning scanner can be upgraded for $59.99
Locked scanner due to unauthorized use of Whistler FW will require a pcb change and be updated for $89.99

Any PSR-800 or Pro-668 not in service and not locked due to unauthorized use of Whistler FW will be repaired and updated for $120.

You may want to read the official post Wendy made earlier today, I saw it on the Whistler Forum.

fredva

Feed Provider
The post I read earlier was pretty straight forward.

Fully functioning scanner can be upgraded for $59.99
Locked scanner due to unauthorized use of Whistler FW will require a pcb change and be updated for $89.99

Any PSR-800 or Pro-668 not in service and not locked due to unauthorized use of Whistler FW will be repaired and updated for $120.

You may want to read the official post Wendy made earlier today, I saw it on the Whistler Forum.

I think the point being made by scosgt was that this may be the wrong thread to talk about the pcb change. The $120 repair service is a separate charge, separate operation from that offer.

C

cebowman

$120 Total Period w over hull.

Support + Service = Total of $120
$59.99 OEM Firmware + $60.01 to Refurb Whole unit
$89.99 Whistler "Time Bomb" Models + $30.01 to Refurb Whole Unit

Service
$120 for Non-working at all, models including Radio Shack PRO-668 and GRE PSR800

What about Radio Shack Pro-18 models and GRE PSR-700's?

iampaige86

Thank you

Thank for this info. I think I might also send my scanners over. This will saves me a lot over repairs and unlocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.