Pro 95 Frequency Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjmag94

Okay so today I got a pro 95 that I bought off ebay, and I have can all my frequencies on apart from one, so when scanning I am getting parts of the conversation, the frequency I am having trouble picking up (Invalid Frequency, but works on UniTrunker) 869.23750

Is anyone able to help me at all with this please, thank you :)

bjmag94

Also this guy I know said something about uograding the formware on the scanner somehow..
Not sure if he was just talking smack or if he was serious.
Was saying that you can upgrade the firmware..
But couldn't find anything on google about it, but if I can dp this how do I do it? He said I need the Australian firmware...
I am new to all the scanner stuff, I'm only learning so I'm not sure what is true and what isn't haha.
Thank you people!

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, that frequency is blocked as part of the US cellular band. The original PRO-95 specs show:

849–868.9875 ........ (in 6.25 kHz steps)
894–960 ................. (in 6.25 kHz steps)

So 869 MHz frequencies are outside of it's coverage.

- Chris

bjmag94

Unfortunately, that frequency is blocked as part of the US cellular band. The original PRO-95 specs show:

849–868.9875 ........ (in 6.25 kHz steps)
894–960 ................. (in 6.25 kHz steps)

So 869 MHz frequencies are outside of it's coverage.

- Chris

Okay thank you, this is going to be a pain.
Is there anyway at all I can upgrade thw firmware?
I'm in Australia and I have been told there's an Australian firmware for it? Not sure on the truth behind this though.
Thank you for your response :)

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
The PRO-95 was made about 2002-2003 by GRE for Radio Shack. Both are gone from the scanner market. I have a PRO-95 myself, but am unaware of any firmware updates in a long time.

bjmag94

The PRO-95 was made about 2002-2003 by GRE for Radio Shack. Both are gone from the scanner market. I have a PRO-95 myself, but am unaware of any firmware updates in a long time.

Okay thank you for your response, so I guess it is time to either find a system I want to listen to that it will cover or get rid of it and buy a scanner that will cover 869..
Any idea of what type of scanner I could get for this?
Will the pro-94 cover it?

N8IAA

Okay thank you, this is going to be a pain.
Is there anyway at all I can upgrade thw firmware?
I'm in Australia and I have been told there's an Australian firmware for it? Not sure on the truth behind this though.
Thank you for your response :)

No RS, GRE, or Whislter scanners made for use the US will not have 869 MHz frequencies due to the images on the cell phone bands. The only scanners I know that will do that part of the 800 MHz band are Unidens. Maybe you can find a used Australian band scanner for sale.
As sshermanmd posted, the Pro-95 scanner is 14 to 15 years old and is no longer supported by RS. So, no Australian firmware update. Your friend must be talking about all of the latest scanners that are using SD cards. Such as the Whistler TRX series.
Larry

bjmag94

No RS, GRE, or Whislter scanners made for use the US will not have 869 MHz frequencies due to the images on the cell phone bands. The only scanners I know that will do that part of the 800 MHz band are Unidens. Maybe you can find a used Australian band scanner for sale.
As sshermanmd posted, the Pro-95 scanner is 14 to 15 years old and is no longer supported by RS. So, no Australian firmware update. Your friend must be talking about all of the latest scanners that are using SD cards. Such as the Whistler TRX series.
Larry

Thank you, I will look into buying an Australian scanner, one last question, my local bus service, is NFM Mode, just wondering would I be able to scan that or won't the pro-95 pick it up, as I know it does AM, FM, EDACS and Motorola.
Thank you in advance

N8IAA

Thank you, I will look into buying an Australian scanner, one last question, my local bus service, is NFM Mode, just wondering would I be able to scan that or won't the pro-95 pick it up, as I know it does AM, FM, EDACS and Motorola.
Thank you in advance

Yes, especially if it is a conventional frequency.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.