RS PRO-163

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitroxprt

I am running a RS PRO-163 Scanner with a Spectrum Force Wideband Antenna in my 2013 Chev 1500 Silverado PU.

Antenna is outside in center of roof, coax enters cab via the rubber gasket on the rear passenger door, scanner is not mounted,but sits nicely in the front of the center console. Power is supplied by a RS 12v Accessory Plug (Cigarette Lighter for us old guy) adaptor.

I am getting a lot of electronic interference on VHF Channels that I can get rid of, but I have to squelch out all the way to do so. This condition is intermittent and sounds like it is tied to the truck.
Could it have something to do with the On Star Reporting System that sends information on the status of the truck systems?
Thanks for the help!!

marksmith

Possible, but more likely you have some other electronic device in the truck, or some non-shielded truck electronics causing the interference.

Satellite communications typically don't interfere with scanner reception from my experience. I have had onstar, and now have other similar systems in my cars, in addition to Serius radios.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.