radio shack pro 651 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh0207

Premium Subscriber
I bought a radio shack pro 651 at a pawn shop the other day got it home and turned it on and noticed on the welcome screen it says psr-500 and the scanner is not receiving correctly. It will not receive p25 truncking systems on the uhf band. I think it might have something to do with it saying psr-500 instead of radio shack on the start up screen. its definitely not working as well as my pro 106. my question is how do I fix the problem of it saying psr-500 on start up.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Should not make difference.It was probably programmed with psr edit or a psr edit file.That would change the welcome screen.I have a 396xt that on start up says bc 15x because I used a different file.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

josh0207

Premium Subscriber
Wonder why its not receiving the uhf band p25 systems on 460 MHz. One of them is the next county over. The pro 106 has no problem receiving it. Also the pro 651 receives p25 systems in the vhf 150 to 160 MHz range and also receives the weather stations fine.

ScannerSK

josh0207

Premium Subscriber
I all ready tried that. I think I might have figured it out. I think the pro 651 might not be as sensitive as the pro 106. I moved the 651 around a bit messing with it and it started receiving the signal and seems to be working fine. I'm just not sure if its the way the scanner is or if there is a problem. I might just have to find the sweet spot for it to receive good signal.

DJ11DLN

I don't have a 106 but I do have a 197, the B/M version, and a 651. With the same Win500 file loaded on each, and identical antennas, neither one shows any advantage over the other. They both work very well and very seldom will one catch a TX that the other one misses. I know this is of no help to you, but generally speaking I don't think one is less sensitive than the other...unless your 651 has some specific problem.

As far as the splash screen goes, you can make it say anything you want it to say, it's easy to edit with the software.

Chronic

could be difference in antennas , the stock antennas are not really all that good

Status
Not open for further replies.