Pro-652: External Power cord with batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace2015

Hello, I have a Pro-652 handheld scanner that I listen to every night. I currently have rechargeable batteries that gets me through the night ok but Im interested in a home power cord since I rarely take it outside. I've read in my manual that I need a "9V DC 400Ma adapter. (Im not sure what all that means) the manual says that it will recharge the batteries. I ordered a 9V 600ma AC adapter that said deep inside not to be used as a charger. I also have a 9V 350 power cord but im afraid to use it because it may damage my scanner. Thanks for any help. I love these Forums.

Redneck0410

You must mean a 651. What you need is a tip-positive "c" adaptaplug. Can be had at your local Walmart for peanuts. Or order one from Whistler. That would be your better bet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wallace2015

Sorry, you are correct I have a Pro 651 and a Pro 652.( My mother listens to the 652). I do have a multi use ac adapter that I can set to 9 V. Is that the same thing you are suggesting?

DJ11DLN

Your adapter should work if it has sufficient output and the tip polarity is set to +. I use one rated at 500 mA that I got at Menard's of all places, it was under $10 and came with a selection of tips. Runs my 651 out in the shop frequently, works great.

Also, you can click the red triangle in the upper right corner to report the post and ask a moderator to rename it "Pro-651" to avoid some confusion.

CycleSycho

Hello, I have a Pro-652 handheld scanner that I listen to every night. I currently have rechargeable batteries that gets me through the night ok but Im interested in a home power cord since I rarely take it outside. I've read in my manual that I need a "9V DC 400Ma adapter. (Im not sure what all that means) the manual says that it will recharge the batteries. I ordered a 9V 600ma AC adapter that said deep inside not to be used as a charger. I also have a 9V 350 power cord but im afraid to use it because it may damage my scanner. Thanks for any help. I love these Forums.

:) As others have suggested in many posts, you should use an external battery charger for those rechargables (and set the 651 to not charge the batteries). There have been a number of other members who overcharged them which damaged the radio. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.