Programming software and migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanmanmi

I am interested in the different software available for programming a Pro197 or PSR600. I guess these are "object oriented" and need special software. I know there are some other threads that say try both but I am interest in a side by side comparison chart which I can't find. I am also interested in migrating in the future. If I get a Uniden 996P2 then how will I be able to transfer programming. Some software I had in the past you would open both versions and copy/paste everything. Not so sure about scanners. What are your preferences? Has anyone experience with this? They say they are the only ones that can do this. https://youtu.be/3B6LdiDT7Z0

Last edited:

ecps92

I use. for the GRE/RadioShack/Whistler Clones
PSREdit - Configuration Editors for Whistler, GRE, and Radio Shack scanners
and they offer free trial use

Well worth the price

I am interested in the different software available for programming a Pro197 or PSR600. I guess these are "object oriented" and need special software. I know there are some other threads that say try both but I am interest in a side by side comparison chart which I can't find. I am also interested in migrating in the future. If I get a Uniden 996P2 then how will I be able to transfer programming. Some software I had in the past you would open both versions and copy/paste everything. Not so sure about scanners. What are your preferences? Has anyone experience with this? They say they are the only ones that can do this. https://youtu.be/3B6LdiDT7Z0

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately the Uniden DMA structure and the OO structure used by the GRE/Whistler/RS scanners aren't compatible with one another. There was software called Scan Control that could walk data across (if memory serves), but it doesn't support the P2 scanners (it's no longer being developed or enhanced).

You probably would end up with opening one file in a package like Win500, ARC500 or PSREdit500 (the only 3 that cover the OO scanners) and then opening the P2 scanner data in FreeScan, ProScan or ARC-XT and copy/pasting. The only other way I would consider would be dumping the data down to a .csv format and re-importing it (FreeScan has a utility for importing csv data that makes this easy). This is the way I would go, assuming one of the above can dump the OO data into a csv format (saves typing, less prone to errors). Other than these there doesn't seem to be an easy way to walk the data across.

Those 3 OO packages are linked here;

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

And links for ProScan, FreeScan and ARC-XT can all be found here;

Uniden DMA Software Support - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.