Pro-96: Programming Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Going forward I don't think you can update the PRO-96's firmware to receive re-banded systems.

You have to use the WIN96 programming software and one of the latest versions to be able create custom tables to track re-banded systems. I may be a little foggy on the PRO-96, since haven't used it or the PRO-2096 for some time.

wbswetnam

I think that the last firmware update to the Pro-96 was in 2008. It opened up the 700 MHz section but not for trunked scanning, I believe.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I kinda doubt that it would have opened up 700, as that band wasn't being used at that time for trunking. More likely you're thinking about the trick to open up the frequency coverage - however it should be noted that even if you do open up your coverage, since the scanner wasn't designed to cover them, the radio might very well be deaf as a rock.

You can use either ARC96 or Win96 to apply the needed table changes. It can't be done manually, and there is no firmware fix for this. We have articles on both packages that describe how to accomplish this in our wiki, viz.

ARC96 - The RadioReference Wiki

Win96 - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.