Pro-652: I'm a newbie moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolmanw5

I have a RS PRO-652 that I got a few years back. My wife grew up listening to scanner and wanted one.I have a 30 day trial software but being on disability am not able to afford non-nessesities in our home. How do I go about making a list of frequencies to upload to my scanner? I found the list here for 25213 zip code but want to pogrom the scanner. And yes I have the cable. Thank you for any help.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Let's start off by saying you are NOT a newbie moron. A newcomer, maybe, but not a moron

You can find links to just about everything you need to know to get started in this article from our wiki (links are always blue). There is quite a bit here, including a link for the Easier to Read manual and links for 2 out of the 3 popular programming packages for this radio (which is really a GRE PSR-600 in another box...)

Getting Started with your GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

troymail

Silent Key
I have a RS PRO-652 that I got a few years back. My wife grew up listening to scanner and wanted one.I have a 30 day trial software but being on disability am not able to afford non-nessesities in our home. How do I go about making a list of frequencies to upload to my scanner? I found the list here for 25213 zip code but want to pogrom the scanner. And yes I have the cable. Thank you for any help.

You could find the frequencies of interest here and then either cut and paste them into your trial software.... or pay to become a Premium Subscriber and potentially download the programming data directly from this site....

Depending upon which software you have, I could lend a hand -- I use Win500.

I'm send you a private message (PM) but being a new member, I don't know if that is an option for you yet so the next best thing would be for you to provide an email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.