Pro-18: X in iscan chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

congaman59

Premium Subscriber
I was trying to program my scanner for the Cobb County police the other day. I noticed a number of x's on the list. Does this mean the scanner isn't capable of receiving these trunked systems?

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 118

troymail

Silent Key
Yes -

Generally, systems that the radio cannot scan are X'd out in the software.

Having said that, I think the Cobb County X is misleading because Cobb County system is marked as P25 Phase 2 in the RRDB and the radio doesn't do P25 Phase 2. However, looking at the system, the talkgroups do not appear to be marked as being Phase 2.

I think I've seen some posted work arounds for this but if normal else, you could try creating and/or programming the Cobbs County system manually to see if the RRDB information is accurate.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If you want to get rid of the x's and add some listening options I recommend sending the PRO18 into whistler and getting it upgraded for $60. https://whistlergroup.com/products/upgrade
Troy my PRO18 will will work on the TACN system but updtes from time to time will kill it. They have not divided out in RR where it will let you have Phase 1 TG's but not Phase 2 TG's so if it has any Phase 2 TG's they block it. So the upgrade is the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.