Radio Shack pro 97 VS. pro 2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting all Again.
I have another fine question for those of knowledge...
What the difference between the Radio Shack pro 97 vs. the Radio shack Pro 2055.
And are they cloneable and to what other Radio Shack units.
Thanks for all you Knowedge and assistance.
Chris K7CDS
Working to defend and protect our Nation
Hill AFB, UT 84056

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What the difference between the Radio Shack pro 97 vs. the Radio shack Pro 2055.
And are they cloneable and to what other Radio Shack units.

They're virtually identical with the exception of the PRO-97 being a hand-held. They can clone to each other. I'm not certain what other scanners they can clone to/from. They're are great aircraft scanners, for both VHF, and VHF/UHF Military aircraft. They have very sensitive front ends, and are vulnerable to overload if used in a high signal strength environment.

Nasby

The PRO-2055 was plauged with display screens that would go blank.

I'd stay away from the PRO-2055 and grab a PRO-164 instead (identical units and about the same price).

The PRO-97 displays were fine.

They are cloneable with the PRO164 and 163.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The PRO-2055 was plauged with display screens that would go blank.

That is a fairly simple fix if you are careful. You need to unplug the display's flat ribbon cable from the main board. Using a good pair of sharp scissors you trim off about 1/16" from the end of cable. This makes a nice clean tighter fitting connection to the circuit board's ribbon cable socket. I've repaired about four over the years with 100% success. Later production of the PRO-2055 resolved the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.