problem programming pro 2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

belashmit

Premium Subscriber
trying to program a pro 2051 using the arc 433 demo trial software. downloading from data base the trunking systems for winston-salem forsyth county. upload to the scanner and when scanning it will stop at the frequencie number but all i get is static. does the demo version of arc 433 upload all necessary or is it just to let you get a look at the software capabilities? Can anyone help me out with this.

N8IAA

trying to load trunking system from the rr database

You do realize that the system has gone through rebanding. Which the 2051 can't do. Never have had a grasp on the frequency part of that, and the fact that a majority of the TGID's are digital.Mostly LE. You might be able to hear FD and EMS.
Just thought you might want to know.
Larry

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
trying to load trunking system from the rr database
Your Pro-2051 is not capable of monitoring that system.

While the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County system is a Motorola Type II system, most of the talkgroups are digital. See the letter in the Mode column. The D means that they are using digital voice, not analog. The static that you are hearing is the digital signals that your scanner cannot decode. Also, that system has been rebanded. Your Pro-2051 cannot be updated to handle a rebanded system; the majority of the system's assigned frequencies are ones that your scanner is unable to follow.

To monitor that system, you'll need a digital scanner that can handle rebanded systems. See this Wiki page.

belashmit

Premium Subscriber
thanks i will just try and find some analog that will work on it. I got a bearcat portable digital i listen to and worked fine with the rr download. Well can always use it fir the weather. it was give to me so no loss.
Thanks again
Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.