Pro-164: Whistler 1010 and Pro 164 or Pro 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

plebious

Does anyone know if a Whistler 1010 replacement battery cover and battery holder sold on the Whistler site would fit a Radio Shack Pro 164 or 97?? Images look similar but was wondering if anyone specifically knew or owns a WS1010

designeq

I just bought the Whistler yellow battery holder (for rechargeable batteries) for my GRE PSR-300 scanner (the Pro-164 is a Radio Shack version of the PSR-300) and it fit perfectly ($9.95 vs the $22.00 they want on ebay).

I don't know about the battery cover but I would like to find out because I need that also. I could tell the holder would work by looking at the pictures. Not so sure about the battery cover. If you get one, please post if it fits and I will order one also.

designeq

Thanks. I look forward to hearing whether it fits. Somehow my holder and battery cover got lost in a move. I'm sure they're around somewhere in one of a million unopened boxes, but I probably won't find it until 2028. I've got the battery holder held in with taped cardboard. Crude but effective, but I'd rather have a real battery cover.

plebious

UPDATE: They fit perfectly. I am so happy this is a viable source for these parts. Power adapter, Battery Cover and Battery Holder fit the pro - 164 and 97 radios. Very happy about the outcome.

designeq

Just wanted to mention that my battery cover arrived today and it fits my GRE PSR-300 perfectly. It is a slightly darker shade of black than the rest of the scanner, which is no biggie.

To recap, the battery cover and the battery holders for the Whistler WS1010 (https://whistlergroup.com/collections/scanner-accessories) fit the GRE PSR-300 scanner as well as the RS PRO-164 scanner. This is no surprise in retrospect because Whistler bought the assets of GRE (who also made scanners for Radio Shack).

It's possible they also fit the PRO-97 but this hasn't been verified.

Also, just to note, although it probably won't be of much interest to people on this forum, the non-swivel WS 1010 belt clip also fits the Whistler TRX-1. I got it because I found that the swivel version that comes with the TRX-1 was too bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.