Radioshack Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwaite9

Hey all! Its me again, I'm now the proud owner of both a Baofeng UV-5R and a RS Pro-97! I was wondering if the cheaper serial cables for this scanner work okay of if it's actually worthwhile to purchase a more "official" cable like the one here: amzn.to/2F7pgxR (I'm sure it's been asked before but I need a fairly specific answer)

I was also looking at possibly saving the cash and programming by hand, which I have found some manuals for, but unfortunately they don't feel very straightforward for what I need. I'm trying to program a bank with BB, a bank with FRS/GMRS/MURS, and a bank with EMS/Police all separately so that I can toggle scanning those on or off to make finding nearby transmissions a little faster. I know the unit also supports Signal Stalker (one of the reasons I chose it) but unfortunately I've found that it's actually "Signal Stalker II," which seems to be a fairly crippled version of SS compared to Close Call/SS 1.

When in Sig. Stalker mode, though, I've noticed the unit defaults to "Rx: Police/Fire," which is fine if I want to scan those frequencies but I would like SS to scan a whole band (usually 2, 453-467, since I'm listening to BB fairly frequently...) but I haven't figured out how to have it Rx on any received transmission?

Lastly, I haven't played around with the trunking functions but I know the State Police where I live use STARS, and I was curious on how to program/listen to those transmissions. (see adioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3783)

Thank you all!
Lwaite9

Status
Not open for further replies.