PRO668 vs PSR500

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrich55

Anyone have opinions on these two scanners? I like my 500 ten times better. First is the digital audio quality is way better plus the battery life of the 668 is horrible.

DJ11DLN

I have a 668 factory upgraded to a WS-1080 and both a Pro-197 and Pro-651, which are equivalent to the PSR500. They do have better decode and better audio but the 668 performs much better since the upgrade. I don't think any current scanner will ever quite match the GRE500 series for audio and digital (p.1) decode but the upgrade certainly helped.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have opinions on these two scanners? I like my 500 ten times better. First is the digital audio quality is way better plus the battery life of the 668 is horrible.[/QUOTE

Considering it's compact size, the PRO-668 does a respectable job. Personally back when I had both, I liked the PRO-500 because it was easier to handle with my large hands, and the display was easier to read. But I really had no complaints with the 668. Like most scanners, it boils down to a few unique features, and your personal preference. Sometimes that all it is, is personal preference.

lou9155

with my grecom/psr design rs scanners i can not tell the difference between an analog vs digital transmissions...the audio is wonderfull.....i just bought a grecom design pro2096..it scans a bit slow but it sounds great

Status
Not open for further replies.