Pro 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

KABY5760

Hi All,

I just adopted a Pro 51 in great condition and found how to program it online (Google and YouTube are my friends!), but need more information on the miscellaneous buttons, like "Pri", "Mon", "K/L", etc.

I can't seem to find the User Guide to download; might anyone have a link I can use to study up on this scanner?

Thanks!

bob550

Premium Subscriber
The "PRI" button is to activate the priority function. Generally speaking, one channel can be designated as the priority channel. Activation of the priority function will tell the scanner to periodically check for activity on that designated channel, and if there is, you will immediately hear the transmission. On some scanners, you can designate any channel as a priority, on others, you may be limited only to the frequency in channel one. The "MONI" button, as I recall, allows you to place transmissions heard during a search into a temporary memory to monitor later, or program into a permanent channel. RadioShack scanners tended to have 10 such monitor memories in a bank separate from the other banks. As for the "K/L" button, I have no clue.

Please forgive me if I've been too entry-level with my information, but I don't know your knowledge level.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum!

KABY5760

The "PRI" button is to activate the priority function. Generally speaking, one channel can be designated as the priority channel. Activation of the priority function will tell the scanner to periodically check for activity on that designated channel, and if there is, you will immediately hear the transmission. On some scanners, you can designate any channel as a priority, on others, you may be limited only to the frequency in channel one. The "MONI" button, as I recall, allows you to place transmissions heard during a search into a temporary memory to monitor later, or program into a permanent channel. RadioShack scanners tended to have 10 such monitor memories in a bank separate from the other banks. As for the "K/L" button, I have no clue.

Please forgive me if I've been too entry-level with my information, but I don't know your knowledge level.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum!

Thanks BOB550, I appreciate your info!!!

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Have one of these, a great little handheld, easy to program, have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.