iScan for PRO-107 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I came across a Pro-107 scanner at a garage sale yesterday, so I bought it. It didn't come with any type of accessories, but I figured for $1.00, what the heck, right?

I found a copy of the iScan software stored away on an old back-up hard drive and installed it on my computer, but it doesn't seem to work. When I try to update the database, or check to see if the software needs to be updated, I get a "host not found" error.

Is that because RS is basically no more? No support for anything? I see they have a token website, but that's about it.

So, did I just buy a $1.00 paperweight? If so, I'll put it on display as an "ancient" radio. LOL!! :D

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I just tried my iScan. I was able to update to latest library version 577. Mine is version 1.06.

Maybe what I pulled off the hard drive is corrupt in some manner.

I have a couple Win-XP computers stored away in a closet that I may have been using when I last had a PRO-107. When I get home from work, I'll dig them out, fire them up and see if I have the software saved on either of them.

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Hello,

The link in this message still seems to be still active.
https://forums.radioreference.com/r...107-iscan-download-available.html#post1982885

73 Eric

Thanks for that link. I didn't have the software one either of my old computers. I downloaded the file, got it installed and it works....for the most part. I was able to get the latest library update downloaded, but wasn't able to update the software. What downloaded was version 1.00 whereas sibbley said his was 1.06. Still, it's all good, it's scanning and that's what matters.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Well, I'm really enjoying my Pro-107, but I don't remember the last one I had going thru batteries quite so quickly. This one "eats" batteries like crazy. Using Walgreen branded alkaline batteries, two AA's will last about 3.5 to 4 hours with just the screen back light on. With Energizer's, two AA's and the screen back light will last around 4.5 hours. Due to issues with my eyes, the back light needs to be on all the time so I can see what's dis[layed on the screen.

I have some quality Eneloop batteries for my 436HP; I guess I'm going to have to get a set for the 107 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.