Pro-163: Radio shack pro 2055 vs pro 163

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlthse

Greeting All,
I might have already asked this question, however another try could not hurt...
Can anyone Please, tell me the real difference between the Radio Shack Pro 163 general radio receiver and the Pro 2055? The both look real close from the outside view, However looks could be deceiving...
What is the firmware like...

Nasby

One does rebanding (163) the other does not (2055).
That's the only real difference.

mrlthse

Hey, this is great...
I have read both reply so far...
And they both were interesting, I liked the second one and was interested if I could ask for really time input .
Other than the screen being slightly different and the face having the word PRO 2055,
I could not see any different..I was woundering if there is any technician wizard in the croud who could tell me if the firmware is different in any manner....
Thank you for you assistance.

djeplett

If you're hinting at the possibility of the 163's firmware being used in the 2055... Go ahead and try it and report back with the results.

My money is on a bricked 2055.

They were made many years apart so my guess is there is a big difference in the components that were used. Hence, firmware would be drastically different.

But I am guessing. I own a 2055 and it works great for what I use it for. If your 2055 is not following a rebanded system and you want to try to force a 163 firmware into it... Well... It's your radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.