confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

crymes

Premium Subscriber
I have a pro-2096 scanner and I am looking for someone to program it. I need ( HELP PLEASE).thanks for any help that you all can give me. I am in Mountain View AR. Stone County.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
RS Pro2096 - AR STONE

Here's the Stone RRef page, https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=176 but all this mostly analog stuff you could simply press "Program" button in the bank/channel you want to store it in, select CT for the (MODE) then punch in the frequency and hit enter. If you're trying to get that AWIN P25 Trunked System? it looks like it's still possible as it's "MOT" Phase I. Pro96-2096 get Phase I trunked systems but NOT phase II and won't follow 700mhz Trunked talkgroups, only 800mhz. I did see a note on the page saying AWIN is changing to PHASE II completely in the next 5 years *from when?* You would just find the SITE tower closest to you and punch in the CONTROL CHANNEL in RED* and the blue* alternates only* no need to type in 16-20 freqs, only the Control Channels are required for the Pro2096 to Trunk/follow the talkgroups. You'll see the Talkgroups and can SAVE them by pushing "TRUNK" while they're talking. You can add them manually by Pushing (Pgm) - (TRUNK) where there are 0-4 BANKS in that area with 30 talkgroup limits* I have found ARC96 is best for programming it by PC instead of WIN96. ARC96 has a 45 day free trial too ;0) I had my old Pro96 out today, was feeling nostalgic.

RS RADIOSHACK PRO-96 PRO-2096 PRO96 PRO2096 software data management software PRO-106 PRO106 GRE pro-96 pro-2096 pro96 pro2096 RSPRO-96 RSPRO-2096 WIN96 Scancat Lite

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/137739/Radio-Shack-Pro-2096.html

Pro-2096 - The RadioReference Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:

crymes

Premium Subscriber
pro 2096

I got the trunked awin channels working but the sheriff's office has analog freq's that are also digital but not trunked and I cant seam to get them to work, I'm not sure how to program the digital ones.I have read the manual on it but cannot find how to deal with digital freq's. I want to thank everyone for their help.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
If you mean the individual DMR Sheriff frequencies for Stone and Mnt View? the Pro2096 doesn't get DMR transmissions. Normally for individual digital freqs you change the "mode" to FM. When a transmission comes through it changes itself to show DG until done. But from what I can tell from that RRef database list for Stone/MntView those are DMR, can't be received. You'll need a newer scanner

crymes

Premium Subscriber
pro 2096

What scanner do I need to get to in order to get these digital channels?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
RS Pro2096

Any of the newer ones will work with DMR, BUT.... Uniden you have pay extra for DMR. Whistler scanners you don't. *there are arguments on if Whistler can follow certain trunked DMR systems and Uniden does a far better job. The forums are filled with those comments for both scanners. I have a WS1080 and when they added DMR upgrade at no cost, it worked fine. Then they added several firmware updates and it quit working like it did originally but that was only for one system at O'hare Airport in Chicago. If the system is one DMR frequency It does pretty well as long as you're within the SITE coverage maps of your Sheriff's tower. You're in luck as most people are SELLING their older scanners to get the new SDS 100 from Uniden in the Classifieds section of RREF above. I'm sure you can find one cheap enough that has DMR if you look.

crymes

Premium Subscriber
pro 2096

I want to thank you for all of your info I have looked for answers for about 2 yr's and you and the other people are the first to answer my questions. Thanks again. Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.