Pro-96: Pro-96 UHF P25 Phase 1 System Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiles

Greetings all!

I seem to be having a devil of a time trying to monitor our TRS with my recently "found" Pro-96. Once located, I was waxing nostalgic over how, when considering whether or not to purchase this radio, I was standing in the local RatShack with my beloved Astro Saber III and the received audio emanating from the shiny new Pro-96 sounded so very close to my precious. Unfortunately, all my attempts to track our system thus far on the Pro-96 have been futile.

I have successfully programed this system (yes legitimately I'm an LMR manager) into several commercial LMR radios (/\/\, Harris, M/A-Com, Kenwood, EFJ, Icom) and all have worked flawlessly. I also have the system in several different models of scanner (BC-296D, BCD-396T, BCD-396XT, BCD-436HP, SDS100, PSR-900, Pro-106) and again, all work without issues. The last one is what is particularly perplexing. If it works in the Pro-106, I would think it should work in the Pro-96. Manually stepping through the system frequencies with an active repeater transmitting gives DG in the upper right hand corner of the display and I hear the transmission fine.

The system was installed in 2008 by M/A-Com (now Harris) and I had previously programmed it into the radio (it was in bank 5 when I turned the radio on) and I'm certain I monitored it previously with this radio. Applicable system parameters (confirmed today with Pro96Com for sanity) are;

Table ID: 00
Base Freq: 380.00000
Spacing: 0.01250
Input Offset: 10.00000
Assumed/Confirmed: "Confirmed"
Band Width: 0.01250
Slots: 1

The Pro-96 is currently flash with the following firmware;

DSP LOADING
BOOT:F1.0

CPU:F1.5
DSP-App: U1.4
DSP-Voc:F1.0

The Pro-106 properly tracks the system with the following trunking table;

Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 4095
Offset: 0
Base Freq: 380.000
Step: 12.5

The M/A-Com/Harris SitePro controllers have the following IDEN tables programmed:

Base Freq: 380.00000 MHz
Tx Offset: +10.0000 MHz
Chan. Spacing: 12.500 kHz
Band Width: 12.500 kHz
Type: FDMA Full Rate

I've tried programing all of this information into the Pro-96 several different ways to no avail including modifying the custom tables just to see if I could get anything, and still nothing. I'd like to solicit any ideas anyone may have. I feel like I'm missing something obvious but just can't figure out why it's not working.

Engine104

Member since 2005
We have a relatively new P25 system here in L.A. (ICIS). At first, my Pro-96 would not track it, but eventually, I found some custom tables that will work. I think I have a screenshot of the setting, but it is on a computer at home and I'm at work. I'll try to PM it to you this evening.

People kept saying that all you need is the control channel, but that isn't the case with a Pro-96. You have to manually tweak the settings. I use Win96 for that.

dste

Sorry to say... The PRO-96 will never "Trunk" out of band. The 380 LMR band was MILAIR back when the scanner was created. You can tune out of band, but not program for trunking.

rmiles

We have a relatively new P25 system here in L.A. (ICIS). At first, my Pro-96 would not track it, but eventually, I found some custom tables that will work. I think I have a screenshot of the setting, but it is on a computer at home and I'm at work. I'll try to PM it to you this evening.

People kept saying that all you need is the control channel, but that isn't the case with a Pro-96. You have to manually tweak the settings. I use Win96 for that.

Thanks and I'll keep an eye out for your PM!

Yes that's what I'm finding as well. I tried modifying the custom tables with Win96 V01.74, ARC96 Ver 1.24 and manually with no luck.

Engine104

Member since 2005
Thanks and I'll keep an eye out for your PM!

Yes that's what I'm finding as well. I tried modifying the custom tables with Win96 V01.74, ARC96 Ver 1.24 and manually with no luck.

Will do. I hope it works for you. I did for me.

-Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.