Pro 651 back light

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
I cant get the scanners back light to work when a channel receives a transmission. I have followed the manual and marks scanner manual. The setting In edit curr. Back light is set to on and the setting in global light mode set to normal. What am i missing to get the back light to work

N8IAA

I cant get the scanners back light to work when a channel receives a transmission. I have followed the manual and marks scanner manual. The setting In edit curr. Back light is set to on and the setting in global light mode set to normal. What am i missing to get the back light to work

If you're expecting the 651 to act like your Unidens, it won't. RS/GRE/Whistler scanners don't have a setting for the back light to come on when there is a transmission.
Settings are ON, OFF, and DIM.

HTH,
Larry

mule1075

Feed Provider
If you're expecting the 651 to act like your Unidens, it won't. RS/GRE/Whistler scanners don't have a setting for the back light to come on when there is a transmission.
Settings are ON, OFF, and DIM.

HTH,
Larry
Unless you have all the channels set to have the back light to come on and you have the back light off. I do that on my or i should say did that on my 197.

N8IAA

Unless you have all the channels set to have the back light to come on and you have the back light off. I do that on my or i should say did that on my 197.

Never saw that in my software. Never bothered to try it. I prefer to use the LED color lights to let me know what's transmitting. Still won't bother to try it.

The question then is, can it be programmed from the keypad?

Thank you for the info. :)

Larry

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Never saw that in my software. Never bothered to try it. I prefer to use the LED color lights to let me know what's transmitting. Still won't bother to try it.

The question then is, can it be programmed from the keypad?

The backlight can, in fact, be programmed to illuminate upon receipt of a transmission on a per-channel basis. Of course, it's far simpler using software than manually.

kc8zdf

Very good everyone on the info. I'll keep playing with it. Thanks again for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.