Pro-651: Locked on airband search

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyjohn

Just recently bought a used RS PRO-651. Whenever I turn it on it goes through the welcome screen and then it starts searching through the air band. It goes by way too fast to read the firmware versions, etc. Once it starts scanning it does not respond to any keys being punched. I don't have a programming cable for it but I am considering getting one. I have tried pushing the 0 button and then 1 at the welcome screen and it does not respond, nor does it respond to pressing 0 and other buttons. Just goes into searching the air band. It does receive on the air band when it hits an active frequency, just cannot control it. Am I out of luck now that radio shack has puked so many times? I could not find any support or firmware on their website now.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Verify that each button moves in and out as normal. If one button is stuck in the pressed position, the others may not work. Aside from a cable, you'll also need programming software such as ARC500, PSREdit500, or Win500. Each would have trial periods available. RadioShack support, unfortunately, has been non-existent for several years. However, you could also search through the Whistler forum since the PRO-651 is essentially a WS1040.

daddyjohn

No buttons seemed to be stuck, they all clicked. But I did take apart and clean the buttons pads and now it works! Got a cable and programmed it all is good. Good radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.