Pro-651: Pro-651 programming question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace2015

I have a pro 651 Radio Shack scanner I have been using for several years. I have done something where I'm only able to hear the conventional type programming. So I am going to reprogram it with Union County North Carolina including Monroe City. I have found all of the frequencies and IDs on radioreference.com. one of my many questions is when I put in the 10 frequencies that my County offers do I need to put in the IDS as well? For instance after I put in the 10 frequencies including the ones marked in red and blue are the input in the IDS for the city of Monroe in Union County North Carolina but it acts as if I'm not getting all sides of the conversation. I also put in the frequencies and left the setting at Wild Card but it's kind of hard to follow who is talkin. I know this is a pretty large post and I apologize but it's been several years since I have done this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

lou9155

unless your using software to program it will be a huge headache..i use arc500 and its great but there are others you may prefer..check the wiki..software will download and do the settings..i found it impossible to manual program

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you're programming the site frequencies as conventional. As lou9155 said programming software is the easiest way to go. Arc500 has a 30 day free trial but you would need the programming cable. You can program trunked systems by hand. It takes a little trial and error but like everything else once you get past the learning curve it's really simple. Go here- Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual,
scroll down to TSYS (Trunked System) Menu. Here it's showing how to edit an existing system. To program a new system, on your scanner hit- program, f1 for new, then TGRP, then choose a scanlist. From there start following the directions there at marks scanners at type. Choose p25 auto for the type. For the frequencies you only have to put in the red and blue site frequencies.

Wallace2015

Thanks, that helped. Sometimes I forget the steps. I'm ordering the software and cable but I enjoy tinkering with manually programming it. I've got it up and working but the steps and terminology sometimes confuses me

Status
Not open for further replies.