Pro-651: Manually adding ID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace2015

I'm manually programming model Radio Shack 651 handheld scanner. I have it up and running but I'm not sure it's the way I would like it to be. When I start programming and put it in the frequencies I get to the part where I need to add IDs. For some reason I can only get it to let me add one ID and not multiple like it did when I was adding the frequencies. Am I missing something? I have ordered the programming cable and I intend to do that this week through my computer but I would really like to know how to do it manually. Thanks for any of your help

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Each individual talkgroup object contains individual settings for the single talkgroup you are programming. For example, each talkgroup can have an unique alpha tag so that you can easily see what you are listening to instead of memorizing the ID. You can also program talkgroups into separate scan lists so that you can turn on and off a subset of talkgroups while monitoring the same system.

You can program many talkgroup objects under the existing system you have created. You just need to select the TSYS you have already created for your very first talkgroup instead of creating a new system.

simmsrep

Premium Subscriber
Something else you can try is to add a wildcard. If you do that it will stop on any conversation on the site. When it does it will give you the option to save (f3 I think). Save it and you can go back later to change the alpha tag to what you want. That will save a lot of time doing it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.