Pro-96 Scanner Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockjock

Magically, my Pro-96 stopped working. There is sign of life from the unit and the charger and batteries seem to be fine.

I played around with the side reset button and it did begin working briefly before shutting down again. Any suggestions as to what might be going on or how to repair? Anything that I can do to get it up and running again?

moonbounce

Radio problem found, bad connection on plug at the top ot the front panel. Keyboard working better than ever before :).

moonbounce

Magically, my Pro-96 stopped working. There is sign of life from the unit and the charger and batteries seem to be fine.

I played around with the side reset button and it did begin working briefly before shutting down again. Any suggestions as to what might be going on or how to repair? Anything that I can do to get it up and running again?

So if I get this right you are saying it comes on for a short time and then shuts off? Sounds like something shorting out, have you ever had it apart? If you dare open it I would check for say a wire that might be touching another wire like around the power source, I would bet that is what it is.

MB

stockjock

So if I get this right you are saying it comes on for a short time and then shuts off? Sounds like something shorting out, have you ever had it apart? If you dare open it I would check for say a wire that might be touching another wire like around the power source, I would bet that is what it is.

MB

Nope, does not come on at all. No sign of life. Did turn on once briefly after hitting reset button, but then failed again and has been dead since.

moonbounce

Nope, does not come on at all. No sign of life. Did turn on once briefly after hitting reset button, but then failed again and has been dead since.

I take it that you haven't opened it up, ya gotta open it up and take a look for bad connections gently wiggle some wires around with the radio on, that is the least you can do. If you can take out the batteries and put in alkalines see if that works, and keep the power cord unplugged while the alkalines are in place.

MB

Status
Not open for further replies.