Pro-96: RS PRO-96 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

After reading many of the various blurbs on this and other sites and the manual. My question is the Pro-96 which I assume was a GRE scanner made for radio shack. All I am trying to do is input manually the TG's for the Loudoun County PD,fire and sheriff's department. I do this and hear nothing. Am guessing I have to manually set the mode to MO for Motorola? I had a PRO-96 a year or so ago and a cable and it was real easy but currently am too poor to buy another cable and this radio was given to me as I sold the other one.

IT picks up analog signals fine, so what am I doing wrong?

KJ4DGE

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
danesgs - your Pro-96 scanner is P25 phase 1, in Loudin Co they are now using P25 Phase II, a Newer digital mode. many services are also using NXDN and DMR and other Digital modes as well. I recommend keeping the pro-96 as a Emergency radio for AM, FM Air and Marine band as well as listening to Weather and NEWS reporters. still a great scanner. but, I have a pro-668 and it has a SD card with a built in Database, no Manual programming. I can store 40,000 frequencies or more. I recommend you look at the Whistler TRX-1 its a Modern Digital scanner.

danesgs

Guess that explains it

Thanks. Also have a beta PSR-900 and a PSR-800. One of those hopefully will hear the T mode phase 2. Think I read both do phase 2, could be wrong. Will check here.

danesgs

PRO-96

Thanks to all the folks setting me straight. I managed to upgrade the PSR-800 to phase 2 and can now listen to those services I coundn't before. Guessing I will have to do the same to the PSR-900 as well if thats possible. I think a lot of folks around this county are going DMR as well as NXDN but do not have the cash to send off the radios for the upgrade. Thanks again.

Swipesy

Thanks. Also have a beta PSR-900 and a PSR-800. One of those hopefully will hear the T mode phase 2. Think I read both do phase 2, could be wrong. Will check here.

The PSR-900 sas never released by GRE into the public domain. So if you have one it had to belong to one of the GRE Beta Testers. You won;t find much if any support on these forums for it.

On the other hand your PSR-800 is a very serviceable radio. For $60.00 you can send it to Whistler to be upgraded to a Whistler 1080 which will get you DMR on that radio.

danesgs

PSR-900

Yes that's true of the PSR-900, I pretty much do not expect support for it. It works just fine on p25 1 and 2. Don't need DMR or NXDN yet on the 800 so am happy with what I can hear. Thanks

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
I have a Pro 96 related question. I paid for the software from Starrsoft and have yet to receive my key. Is the owner still selling it or did I just donate $20?

Ubbe

Isn't he at the moment fully occupied with the TRX-100 and TRX-200 release? You probably have to wait a while until he manage to catch up with his other parts of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.