RADIO SHACK PRO-95 TRUNKING PROGRAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3ECU

:confused: I am really having a hard time with the trunking programming
of my Pro-95. The manual seems confusing to me. Any place on the internet
I can find easy instructions or simple step by step diagrams. Thanks

jdc50

I found it was easier to use WIN95 from Don Starr. It is free and it makes it a lot easier to program the 95. You do need to have the cable to do so though.

mciupa

Database Admin

W3ECU

:confused: Thanks for the info on how to load the trunking frequencies.
Now I need help with loading the talkgroups. I am having trouble with the following scenereo. I want to load Anne Arundel County,Md. fire talkgroups on my Pro-95. To begin I want to load the 1-A Dispatch.
My Radio Shack frequency guide lists the talkgroup as 57360.
However, the Radio Reference Trunked Radio database lists the talkgroup as DEC HEX
16 001
What are DEC and HEX? What do I need to do to load the talkgroups?
Thanks for the assistance. Rich

45-70-405

Pro-95

First off, get Don Starr's Win95 program. Makes it real easy to program and you can have multiple files setup for different locations if you travel. The program is free, jsut be sure you get the right cable for your scanner. The Win95 website has details on the cable, and you can build your own. I am used to using the computer from programming (Motorola and MA/COM) so it was natural to use it for the scanner. Much easier.

DEC is decimel, the normal way of counting. HEX is hexadecimal, base 16 you would count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10 11 12... The basic windows calculator will convert for you. Click the bubble i nthe upper left for the base you want to convert from and enter the number, then click the base you want and it will do the conversion. Simple.

Good luck,

Josh

wadeless28

W3ECU said:
Now I need help with loading the talkgroups. I am having trouble with the following scenereo. I want to load Anne Arundel County,Md. fire talkgroups on my Pro-95. To begin I want to load the 1-A Dispatch.
However, the Radio Reference Trunked Radio database lists the talkgroup as DEC HEX
16 001

Definetly get the Win95 program and use that to program your scanner.

To be more specific for Anne Arundel County. Radio Shack programed your scanner with the WRONG information. 57360 is the OLD DEC talkgroup for 1A on the OLD system that is no longer used. Which is typical for RS. I hope they didnt charge you.

If you look in the database here. 16 is the new DEC talkgroup for 1A on the new system which has all new frequencies. So I really hate to say this but you will have to re program the entire system yourself. You can contact me hear at RR.com when you get set up to get the PRO-95 file that has all the freqs and talkgroup setups for AACo. It also has some other interesting freqs that you might be interested in thats around AA and Baltimore Counties.

Mike

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
If you have any questions about how to program the scanner through the keypad, or how to use Win95, you can email me at scanfan@aol.com directly and I will answer almost any question you have.

cfh32

won't download from scanner on win95 program

won't download from scanner on win95 program that I am using it will upload fine but it goes all the way through the download process then at the end says the data received contained errors. anyone know how to fix this.

Thanks
Craig

jayay35

Ok, I have a pro-95 myself and our city uses trunked system also. I am having a very hard time getting the school bus and public works not to come in on their own. Anything OTHER then the win95 which you all are referring too would be what we are looking for. I know you CAN program this scanner from the keypad and NOT need additional software to do so. This has been a gigantic pain in my head so I just use RR on my phone.

DickH

Ok, I have a pro-95 myself and our city uses trunked system also. I am having a very hard time getting the school bus and public works not to come in on their own. Anything OTHER then the win95 which you all are referring too would be what we are looking for. I know you CAN program this scanner from the keypad and NOT need additional software to do so. This has been a gigantic pain in my head so I just use RR on my phone.

The PRO-95 has two trunking modes, OPEN and CLOSED.(Page 25)
OPEN lets you hear ALL active Talk Groups.
CLOSED lets you hear only the Talk Groups you have programmed into the Scan Lists.
TRUNK 5 toggles between the two modes.

The manual should tell you how to enter the Talk Groups into the scan lists.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
16 001

As another poster mentioned, never trust the stuff RS knows about scanners...our database is far and away better for AA county.

Note that AA county trunk is a mixed mode system - there are analog and digital talkgroups. The PRO-95 won't handle the digital stuff - for that you would need a digital trunktracker.

DEC and HEX represent the manner in which the talkgroup is listed - DECimal or HEXadecimal. In your case, ignore the Hex stuff.

And if you're doing this manually, this might help...

Easier to Read PRO-93/95/2053 Manual

or this...

PRO-95 Programming Shortcut - the RR Wiki

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

jayay35

The PRO-95 has two trunking modes, OPEN and CLOSED.(Page 25)
OPEN lets you hear ALL active Talk Groups.
CLOSED lets you hear only the Talk Groups you have programmed into the Scan Lists.
TRUNK 5 toggles between the two modes.

The manual should tell you how to enter the Talk Groups into the scan lists.

Thank you, I knew I was missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.