Pro-97 All channels locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabama_Skys

Hey, My 14 month old had my scanner today and managed to lock all the channels out. I have tried everything the instruction mannual says to do but it's not working for me. I was able to get banks 0-1 to scan again by programming the preprogrammed frequencies back in. I did that by turning off the scanner and then turning it back on and while the multi-system trunking scanner message apperared I pressed pgm and then 1. Banks 2 through 9 are still locked out. Can someone help me with this please?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to forum with :( story.

The scanner was likely initialized or you loaded a blank template from Win97, or cloned from a scanner with nothing programmed.

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
locked out

not sure if this works on the pro 97 but on the pro 96 for example if bank 5 is locked out you press manual 500 manual then program . you might try this on all banks locked out , be sure to use the first number of the bank affected 200 600 etc.

Alabama_Skys

:(

Thanks guys, I did what you said and still couldn't get banks 2-9 to scan. It maybe that he erased all that I had had programmed and maybe that is why it's showing channels locked??? When I open the banks that is locked out it shows no frequency programmed. Like just "000.000". I know that seems like the obvious but when the scanner was new and had nothing programmed in it still scanned the banks it just never stopped on anything....so that is why I was thinking that he may have messed it up for me. :(

rpicaso

Alabama_Skys said:
I was able to get banks 0-1 to scan again by programming the preprogrammed frequencies back in. I did that by turning off the scanner and then turning it back on and while the multi-system trunking scanner message apperared I pressed pgm and then 1. Banks 2 through 9 are still locked out.

You re-initialized the scanner, there is nothing in banks 2-9 any longer. You'll need to manually reprogram, or reload freqs with win97.

Status
Not open for further replies.