Trunk Tracking 700 Mhz. (P25) With a Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

proquist96

I checked extended freqs with win 96 and entered 775.xxxx and it worked but i dont know if it will work as a CC in Texas just try and see what happens.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
proquist - thanks for chiming in, but it won't trunktrack 700MHz frequencies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
After entering the 700mgz freqys for Starcom here in ILL using Win96 on my PRO96/2096 they work fine in "conventional" set to "FM" and not entering the CC's because as mentioned the radio is NOT type accepted or built to trunk that band...At first they worked OK but now that more districts and talk groups are being added keeping up with the conversations is mostly impossible....Some towers are 800mgz and thats what i use the RS models on and those that are 700 use of the Uniden 396 works great.....Bring on the new GRE's....

N9JIG

Sheriff
leawoodcops said:
Does a Pro 96 trunk track 700 Mhz. band?

AS others have stated, it will hear 700 MHz. channels in conventional mode but not trunked, the radio just isn't set up for it.

That said, I have also read that it could track 700 MHz. systems using the Custom Tables method. I haven't tried this except on a UHF system, but it might bear research and trial. I don't know if this method works with 9600 baud control channels or not, so you are on your own...

Good Luck!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
All 700MHz freqs come with 9600 baud CC's. Also you might be confusing the tables trick with rebanding - it will allow the Pro96 to do rebanding in the 800Mhz range, but has not impact on 700MHz. It won't trunktrack 700MHz.

proquist96

rdale said:
All 700MHz freqs come with 9600 baud CC's. Also you might be confusing the tables trick with rebanding - it will allow the Pro96 to do rebanding in the 800Mhz range, but has not impact on 700MHz. It won't trunktrack 700MHz.
I dont have 700mhz in my area so i dont have that issue and so far i've been fortunate to get everything i need with the 96 but i do like the "bring on the new GRE's" that should take care of everything. God bless GRE!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.