PRO 96 Yellow Battery Holder

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Any ideas on where to get the yellow holder for rechargeable battiries cat Number 1222805. Radio Shack 1-800-843-7422 says item not in stock no parts available for this radio.

Anyone ?

KE5BCP

Analog Man
n2pqq said:
Any ideas on where to get the yellow holder for rechargeable battiries cat Number 1222805. Radio Shack 1-800-843-7422 says item not in stock no parts available for this radio.

Anyone ?
I believe these must be ordered in-store now using "RS Unlimited".

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
I went to my local Radio Shack and was able to order the part >

Oh well .

stvnd53

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
FYI: There is a simple Mod.you can do to make the black holder good for regharging batts.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
stvnd53 said:
FYI: There is a simple Mod.you can do to make the black holder good for regharging batts.
I went and ordered the "yellow" holder from the store. Just $5 bucks, no need to mess up warranty!

Steve73

I ordered the black holder awhile back by calling this number 1-800-843-7422 (same as you have). Here is the recharge holder info. Catolog # 12228805 , part # HB90252.

Steve

Last edited:

jleverin

you should be able to get it from the RS store. I bought my yellow holder and rechargeable batteries when I bought my scanner.

nicdoot

yellow battery holder

Do you mean the rechargeable batteries go in the yellow plastic case and then into the scanner?

I have an adapter so I don't use rechargeable batteries.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Do you mean the rechargeable batteries go in the yellow plastic case and then into the scanner?

I have an adapter so I don't use rechargeable batteries.

Please check page 25 and 27 of your owners manual.

Hope this helps.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
you put them in a round house and tell them to pee in a corner :lol:

Now that might work, but I'd just turn around and use the nearest wall.

Actually I was referring to stvnd53's post that there is a mod, but he has yet to post what the mod is. He's still got us in suspense (or just suspended).

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The suspense is OVER......

what is the mod?

Personaly, I prefer to use an external stand alone charger (MAHA). However, if you are so inclined to charge internaly, here you go. I found this online so I can not say if it works or not:

"Black" Battery Holder Modification

If you don't have a stand alone battery charger for your extra rechargeable batteries, or you've lost or broken the yellow battery holder, you can modify your radio to recharge your batteries with the black holder. Remember, don't plug your radio in if you're using alkaline batteries in the black case after completing this mod.

Open the battery door, and remove the batteries and holder.

Remove the four screws located on the back of the case.

Carefully pry the back half of the case off.

Locate the three metal strips at the bottom of the pc board on the right hand side.

Locate the two strips spaced closest to each other, and solder a jumper to these two strips.

Reassemble the radio in the reverse order you disassembled it.

You will now be able to recharge batteries using the black holder. Again, use only rechargeable batteries with this mod. If you attempt to recharge non-rechargeable batteries in your radio, you will cause the batteries to leak or explode.

Manny

Last edited:

jleverin

Hey, I have a pro-82 and a pro-97 and the battery holders are the same fit for the pro-96 so any yellow battery holder for a RS scanner should fit your 96. I have all three and they fit interchangably.......

Status
Not open for further replies.