Pro 2055 Limit Search Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm1313

I just bought a used Pro 2055 yesterday and am in the process of learning all of the functions.
I programmed several different frequency ranges into the limit search and it never stopped on anything. I tried all of the other preprogrammed searches and the only band that will receive anything is the CB band.

I checked to make sure nothing was locked out in the search banks and then programmed in 162 -163mhz...and it wouldn't even pick up the weather frequencies which come in loud and clear on normal scanning.

I've got it connected to an external antenna and it's receiving very well up to 60+ miles away. I've had numerous scanners since the early 70's, but I can't figure this problem out.

SCPD

QRT
check the BNC connector inside scanner perhaps. Should be able to at least hear at last 1 NOAA channel if scanner is functioning at all
Paul

dm1313

Scanner is working great on normal scanning...able to monitor conventional frequencies and trunked systems, but just doesn't receive anything on preprogrammed or limit searches other than CB band.

DanHenry

Check attenuator off = "att" not "ATT" on screen

dm1313,

The Pro-2055 (and PRO-97) store the attenuator setting for each of the 7 search ranges. Press "SRCH" to cycle through each search range and make sure the second line of the display shows "att" for attenuator off. If you see "ATT" that means it's on. That could cause the problem you're having.

If you find any turned on just press "ATT" on the keyboard.

-Dan

dm1313

Sorry...I should have stated that I checked every setting that I can think of that that would cause it not to receive in the search modes..."LO"..."ATT"...etc., but everything appears to be set correctly.

Fortunately...I can do a direct Up/Down search from a frequency in the Tune Mode to find active frequencies.

dm1313 said:
Sorry...I should have stated that I checked every setting that I can think of that that would cause it not to receive in the search modes..."LO"..."ATT"...etc., but everything appears to be set correctly.

Fortunately...I can do a direct Up/Down search from a frequency in the Tune Mode to find active frequencies.

--------

If you program a too wide a range of frequencies in your Limit Search, the scanner will search the whole wide range of frequencies and chances are you will not hear anything..because it is taking a very long time to go through the whole search range. For instance, a short transmission may be made while you are searching elsewhere, and you may be looking at any particular frequency briefly every 20 or 30 or 40 seconds (depending "on your search range. Try limiting your range to no more than 3 or 4 or 5 mhz at a time

In your preprogrammed searches you may have a bunch of frequencies lockout, for what ever reason... maybe the scanner was used by someone else??
To unlock all lockouts, look at this from the manual:

Clearing all locked-out frequencies in a search
bank:

1. Press SRCH.
2. Select the search bank in which you want to clear
all locked-out frequencies.
3. Press FUNC then press L/OUT. Lockout list appears.

(If there are no locked-out frequencies within the bank,
"No Lockout" appears).

4. Press FUNC then 6. "Clear entire list ?" Press 1 to clear all, any
other key aborts appears. Press 1 to clear all lockedout
frequencies. "List cleared." appears for about 2
seconds. Press any key other than 1 to cancel clear.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.