Looking for local information? Please read this first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
The regulars of this forum are spread across the country and more than likely you wont be able to get any specific information here. There are a couple of things you can try before asking here.

1. Read the RadioReference.com wiki section. This has general information to help you understand how to monitor the rail band. Railroad - The RadioReference Wiki

2. Search the RadioReference.com Database for your area to see if anybody has submitted any information.

3. Search for licensed frequencies in your area.

While looking at your county page in the database, Click on the "FCC Licenses" tab at the top.
fccButton.jpg

Next Click on the FCC logo to display all frequencies for the area.
allbutton.jpg

Now to help simplify things, Turn off the public safety and other categories, and turn on only the business conventional button.
businessbutton.jpg

You can now search for the name of the railroad you want to listen to. Please note that some railroads are using licenses addressed to "Fallen Flags" or other railroads that they have acquired over the years.

To search for all of the licensed frequencies in your area, sort the list by frequency.
sort.jpg

The railroads will all be around 160Mhz.

Once you hear traffic, be sure to submit any new information to the database!

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
lol...

Leave it to me to be short sighted enough to put this up less than 24 hours before the re-design.

I'll work on getting new pictures made.

W6KRU

Hi Jason! Thanks for the work on this. I learned something I didn't know about before. It has limited usefulness in my county though because it returns 70 pages. :eek:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Sort it by frequency and go thru the pages to find the railband. They will all be grouped together.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Okay, Got the images fixed.

And made them a bit bigger...

Last edited:

cifn2

Feed Provider
I actually used this method before I found this post, I am in the process of trying update some RR details and frequencies which are currently not included on many Illinois pages.

pedroair

Hi

I'm based in France and just discovered today the possibility to actually hear US trains from home (I'm rather a military aviation scanner fan).I have started listeninto the live feed of the Toledo Sub network from Troy, OH, but I don't understand much of what I taped (quite different from airline parlance).
Is there a place I could upload short audioclips for someone to tell me what they're all about ?
Thanks

Pedro

slapshot0017

Straight to this area of the forum under railroad monitoring. The audio can be put into YouTube or something to that extent and posted in the thread. Someone knowledgeable is bound to pop up.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OneStudPuppy

I see road etc. haven’t seen any defect detectors listed. Are they called something else in the database?

Status
Not open for further replies.