Capitol LImited

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I'll be riding the Capital Limited between Toledo and Washington DC next week. Does anybody know the rail channels in use for this leg or is it best just to listen to the whole rail group of frquencies?

EMTB644

Capitol Limited #30

You will hear all CSX mainline trains operating on 160.230 MHz from Cumberland, MD to Washington, DC (Union Station). CSX Dispatcher (Baltimore) is active on 161.520. Enjoy the trip!

transitman

Go to the web site, On-Track-On-Line,com, scroll down to the Amtrak Radio Frequencies section, click on the link which will bring you to a page listing all the Amtrak routes. Select Capitol Limited and the frequencies for each segment are shown. Enjoy the ride!

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Go to the web site, On-Track-On-Line,com, scroll down to the Amtrak Radio Frequencies section, click on the link which will bring you to a page listing all the Amtrak routes. Select Capitol Limited and the frequencies for each segment are shown. Enjoy the ride!

I highly recommend On-Track-On-Line.com, i've used them many times before, and their frequency listings for amtrak routes are accurate. I've done the Silver Meteor, Silver Star, Crescent, Capitol Limited, Lake Shore Limited, Adirondack, and Acela/NE Regional and have always picked up comms with OTOL's listing.

Enjoy the trip! I really enjoyed the Capitol Limited when I rode it back last month.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Back from my trip and had a great time listening the whole way there and back. I even heard them put a passenger off the train with his bags at a crossing after he was caught smoking in the lavatory!

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Also interesting to note: Amtrak lets you check bags up to 23 hours in advance. That allowed us to spend our last day in Washington DC without hauling our bags around after we checked out of the hotel. :) The Capital Limited departs late in the afternoon for Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.