UPRR Frequencies For Bonner Springs/ Kansas City Ks Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat_SW

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
Looking for UPRR for Bonner Springs and Kansas City ,Ks Area
Would Greatly like any help in finding these thanks in advance.
N0HIU-Jack

CWR

I'll admit I don't listen to the UP much here in Edwardsville KS , but last time I did , 160.515 MHz was their main road channel.

160.51500 WNWY984 BM CSQ UPRR Road KC Union Pacific Railroad -- Road West of Kansas City to Soldier Creek

rhicks6000

Premium Subscriber
I submitted some a few years ago but not long after I did UP changed their road channels. 161.520 is the road channel from KC to Soldier Creek.

mgolden2

I clicked on the link above for the Missouri railroad frequencies and saw terms like this used:

UPRR River Sub - Eton Jct to River Jct

This is just for an example.

How would I, a brand new railfan scanner, figure out where in the heck this is located? Are there railroad maps somewhere that show the different junctions?

My question relates to this section of track: http://goo.gl/maps/mY7os It is a section of railroad track that runs along the Missouri river right at the Ks/Mo border along Interstate 435. See the map above and the picture I've attached. Many times I see trains rolling thru there or stopped waiting for others to pass, and I would like to know how to listen to these trains?

Thank you! Matt in Kansas City

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.