What Websites Would Railfans Here Suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I want to learn more about United States railroads. I know that there are a LOT of different websites dedicated to the rail industries. Are there any certain websites that people here would recommend?

reconrider8

Yahoo groups has a bunch of groups that are full of knowledge. One Is OldDominionRailfans they have a bunch of heads ups and such as to coming trains and such

Eng3ineer

Another vote for Trainorders be aware they have yearly fee, but well worth. Lots guys that work the rails are members. Railspot on Facebook is also good group.

DJ11DLN

Indianarailroads.org is regional as the name implies, but there is a ton of useful info there and a whole lot of extremely knowledgeable folks both in and out of the railroad industry. Click on "Bull Session" for the forum. Be warned, they can get a little crusty sometimes, so if you post a question and they dump on you a bit, just grow some skin and don't take it too personally. Lots of nice folks on there too.

transitman

If you're interested in checking the location of Amtrak trains across the country, may I suggest Amtrak Status Maps. Open the web site, click on a region and the location of each train is displayed. Click on the train number and the schedule history of the train is displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.