What Railroad Frequencies Should I Program In My Motorola XTS5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have a VHF XTS5000. I want to program in one or two banks of just railroad frequencies. What frequencies would people here recommend? I live near the Minneapolis Saint Paul area, so one thought is to have just BNSF in one bank and a second bank of CP Rail, Union Pacific, Progressive Rail, etc.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I have a VHF XTS5000. I want to program in one or two banks of just railroad frequencies. What frequencies would people here recommend? I live near the Minneapolis Saint Paul area, so one thought is to have just BNSF in one bank and a second bank of CP Rail, Union Pacific, Progressive Rail, etc.

Might I recommend an analog scanner? It might work better for you. Something like the BC125AT where you can put it on close call or service search to find the rail frequencies.

Try this page as well:

Railroad - The RadioReference Wiki

Eng3ineer

Here's a pretty good detail list with channel numbers and what railroad use them.

Railroads (MN) - The RadioReference Wiki

To get the needed railroad frequencies match up the channel number with channel number here on ARR list. Use the ARR numbers that start with 0 unless you know for sure the RR is using narrowband then use the ARR numbers start with 1.

Current VHF Railroad Frequencies - The RadioReference Wiki

I also agree with pinballwiz86 might use scanner at first until you know what channels are main ones used by the RR etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.