RJC West Virginia Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Anybody know what AAR Channel/Frequency that R.J. Corman West Virginia Lines is using on the Loup Creek Subdivision between Thurmond, WV and the tipple at Pax, WV these days?

I gotta head down that way in just about a week on a job, and I seem to have lost that page of my notes, and it's not in the West Virginia database.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
They should use AAR 49 (160.845) if I remember right. Only thing they are running right now is coal from Pioneer Fuels' Hopkins Mine at Pax. If you do luck out, they will be bringing the train across to Mount Hope in 3 sections, using both the CSX power and the RJC tunnel motors.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
They should use AAR 49 (160.845) if I remember right. Only thing they are running right now is coal from Pioneer Fuels' Hopkins Mine at Pax. If you do luck out, they will be bringing the train across to Mount Hope in 3 sections, using both the CSX power and the RJC tunnel motors.

Using 49/49 would make perfect sense for a lot of reasons. Thanks Ice.

People underestimate the grade and headaches of maneuvering on the old Loup Creek. Dad hated shoving up there back in the day. I'm just glad Hopkins is still open. There were rumors last year Pioneer might shutter it for a while. I know they've been complaining for a decade the cost of chasing that main seam is slowly starting to outweigh the profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.