Amtrac Fq - Chillicothe IL area

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
We no longer have a Passenger/Freight Train stop off here in Chillicothe IL. with that said, are there any comman AMTRAC frequencies I could expect to hear traffic on as the trains go thru the area. thank you for your time

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
Amtrak will use the frequencies of whatever host railroad they're running on. Through Chillicothe they're operating on BNSF on 160.650. While they don't host any Amtrak trains the Iowa Interstate also runs through Chillicothe. They use 161.220.

P.S. All of the information is on the RadioReference database.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
I am familiar with the 160.65 fq. used by Santa Fe for years. I keep hearing how AMTRAC uses the BNSF fq for the area but just have never heard AMTRAC on this fq. As far as Iowa Interstate, there are no passenger trains going thru Chilli on that line. thanks for your input guys. Have a great day

cbehr91

Premium Subscriber
You won't hear Amtrak in Chillicothe because it doesn't run through Chillicothe. The closest lines to Chillicothe that host Amtrak are another BNSF line that runs through Princeton and Mendota, or a Union Pacific line that runs through Dwight, Pontiac, and Bloomington (paralleling I-55).

(Admittedly that was huge mental lapse on my part in my original reply. Sorry about that.)

llwade

Premium Subscriber
cbehr 91, I see what you are talking about. looked at an Amtrac map. Neither the Galesburg or Princeton route come thru Chillicothe anymore . Appreciate the info. understand why I am not hearing any amtrac. Darn it Anyway !

Status
Not open for further replies.