ATCS Monitor for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day Folks!

Anybody here use the Advanced Train Control Systems Monitor (ATCS) for Windows? http://www.atcsmon.com/ I just started using the program and so far I have been having a lot of fun, there are some "live feeds" over the web, and with http://railroadradio.com you can hear and see where the trains are. have not had a chance to try it out in field yet. The link shows the recommended scanners that work with the application. You will need to install a discriminator tap for it to work. but the live feeds give you a chance to try it out from home.

trainman111

I use it. Mostly for the "live feeds" though because my setup isn't perfect enough yet in order to receive the BCP's from CSX.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I've been using it for it for three years now, mostly in the field.
I did have a server for awhile watching the 11,000 foot Carlisle Siding
on the CSX Toldeo Sub, but that computer is off line for the moment.
I'm currently keeping an eye out for any new ATCS installations in the Cincinnati area.

W5JLF

Premium Subscriber
Where do you get the program itself? I went to the ATCS web sit but did not see where to download the program.
Thanks Joe

W5JLF

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I just joined the group waiting to receive conformation from the group.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Pro-97

The Pro-97 is on sale at RS for $150 ($50 off) until June 23rd.
It is easy to modify with a discriminator tap and makes an excellent field scanner for ATCS monitoring.

D

DaveNF2G

Caveat for CSX railfans in New York State: CSX uses a proprietary data system in the 220 MHz band to do what ATCS does elsewhere. You won't be able to track CSX trains here.

D

DaveNF2G

Yes, they are running the experimental system in New York. I don't know if they've attempted to deploy it anywhere else yet.

trainman111

Interesting. I've read about that system. I can't remember what they call it but there was a long discussion about it on the ATCS Monitor Yahoo! Group. It'll be interesting to see if they expand that system beyond NYS or not. I sure hope they don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.