RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Rants


Rants - I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2018, 4:18 PM
ridgescan's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Posts: 4,399
Default Car Dealers Are An Enemy!

I got one for ya Milton. Yesterday I took in my '16 Lexus for a simple oil change.
I detail and care for it myself with my own methods, practices, and my own special sealant glaze (Klasse). I always tell the service writer to NOT put my RX through the "courtesy wash and detail". The last time I was in there I asked the service writer if he could permanently notate this request, he said he'd happily do that. He did not do it. Well yesterday, was the one time I did not say it and guess what they did-mind you, I brought this vehicle in after I had just fully detailed the interior, the exterior, and 1 week before, applied the sealant glaze for the winter.
They took a completely PERFECT vehicle and sent it through their stupid detail department!
What did I get returned to me? Swirl scratches all over the hood, the hatch, and sides. Lint stuck to my fresh coat of leather conditioner inside from their micro fiber rags. And here's the worst; scratch marks all across the plastic window over the gauges.
I'm typing this as the new coat of glaze I just applied-AGAIN, is on the car setting up. I hope this gets rid of the swirls because I don't want them touching my paint. After this, I get to spend the next 3 hours taking it off.
Next Wednesday, they are going to replace the gauge pod lens at their cost.
I do firmly believe those idiots used exterior rags on my interior. Or sandpaper.
All this over a simple little oil change. Which I did not pay for.
My main rant here is this: do they have to be zombies that default to the "courtesy detail" thing, when a car they can see, with their own eyes, IS TOTALLY FRIKKIN SPOTLESS???
And to think they're doing this same thing, with contaminated towels, to folks' cars that they paid over $100k for! Well they can now pay for their stupidity.
__________________
BC785D to Diamond D130J @50'
Icom R8600, RS DX-160 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icom R75,
'54 SX-88 #127 to 100' endfed wire/9:1 trans. @40'
RS Pro 2066 in truck to Larsen Tribander
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2018, 5:09 PM
rescue161's Avatar
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hubert, NC
Posts: 2,756
Default

Hence why I never wash my cars/trucks. :-) If they wash it, it's a plus for me. They never do, so I let the rain wash it for me.
__________________
Hams Against Magnetic Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-08-2018, 11:57 PM
ridgescan's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Posts: 4,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
Hence why I never wash my cars/trucks. :-) If they wash it, it's a plus for me. They never do, so I let the rain wash it for me.
Good for you I guess. I'm pretty passionate about taking care of my vehicles and pretty much don't get how someone couldn't care less about theirs like you. Just different styles I guess.
Well I got rid of all those swirl marks. Felt good to rant here-better than slamming that dealer where it hurts. They do need to address that detail crew and establish some better standards. I can't be the only one they pissed off.
__________________
BC785D to Diamond D130J @50'
Icom R8600, RS DX-160 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icom R75,
'54 SX-88 #127 to 100' endfed wire/9:1 trans. @40'
RS Pro 2066 in truck to Larsen Tribander
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2018, 2:01 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 522
Default

Thatís unacceptable and they have to appease you.
My car is now too old with bad paint so I tell them not to bother with the wash when I take it in.
I love the dealer that Iíve been using for just about all of the 15 years I have had the car but the wash is not my favorite part of it. It would always seem to add 15 minutes to a simple oil change.
They have a few dingbats that seem to have a problem from the time that my car is completed to when I can pay for it and go home.
This is an ongoing issue and it makes me think why the delay?
If it werenít for the fact that they never gave me a bum steer with service on my car or if there was an issue, they made good on it in short order, I would have gone elsewhere.
Iíve mentioned this to the owner but the same problem seems to keep popping up.
Lack of communication perhaps and throw in 20 somethingís at the cashier/reception.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2018, 6:47 AM
rescue161's Avatar
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hubert, NC
Posts: 2,756
Default

I think mine has to do with when I was growing up, my Dad spent Saturday washing or cars. He had carpet floor mats with clear plastic mats on top of them and then paper mats on top of those. Our feet had to be on the paper at all times and we were not allowed to touch the windows, dash or the door panels. I hated it so much that I grew to hate washing my own vehicles. On my trucks I always delete the carpet when ordering. That does suck about them doing that to your baby. I know my Dad would have a fit of they did that to one of his cars.
__________________
Hams Against Magnetic Mounts
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2018, 3:21 PM
ridgescan's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Posts: 4,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyMilton View Post
Thatís unacceptable and they have to appease you.
My car is now too old with bad paint so I tell them not to bother with the wash when I take it in.
I love the dealer that Iíve been using for just about all of the 15 years I have had the car but the wash is not my favorite part of it. It would always seem to add 15 minutes to a simple oil change.
They have a few dingbats that seem to have a problem from the time that my car is completed to when I can pay for it and go home.
This is an ongoing issue and it makes me think why the delay?
If it werenít for the fact that they never gave me a bum steer with service on my car or if there was an issue, they made good on it in short order, I would have gone elsewhere.
Iíve mentioned this to the owner but the same problem seems to keep popping up.
Lack of communication perhaps and throw in 20 somethingís at the cashier/reception.
Yeah that another thing I didn't mention-I was waiting over 2 hours and at about 2hrs 10 minutes I walked out to the service area and the writer spots me and jumps "your car's ready let's get ya going!" I wonder how much longer he'd leave me waiting if I didn't go out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
I think mine has to do with when I was growing up, my Dad spent Saturday washing or cars. He had carpet floor mats with clear plastic mats on top of them and then paper mats on top of those. Our feet had to be on the paper at all times and we were not allowed to touch the windows, dash or the door panels. I hated it so much that I grew to hate washing my own vehicles. On my trucks I always delete the carpet when ordering. That does suck about them doing that to your baby. I know my Dad would have a fit of they did that to one of his cars.
You want irony? I think I'm the way I am because my folks didn't wash theirs ENOUGH. At 12 years old I remember I got so mad about this and was embarrassed enough to get out there with the wash stuff, the rubbing compound and the Turtle Wax and do it myself.
My friends were better off than us and their folks had newer Caddys, Imperials and the like.
__________________
BC785D to Diamond D130J @50'
Icom R8600, RS DX-160 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icom R75,
'54 SX-88 #127 to 100' endfed wire/9:1 trans. @40'
RS Pro 2066 in truck to Larsen Tribander
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2018, 4:54 PM
rescue161's Avatar
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hubert, NC
Posts: 2,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgescan View Post
You want irony? I think I'm the way I am because my folks didn't wash theirs ENOUGH. At 12 years old I remember I got so mad about this and was embarrassed enough to get out there with the wash stuff, the rubbing compound and the Turtle Wax and do it myself.
My friends were better off than us and their folks had newer Caddys, Imperials and the like.
That's too funny. My dad always had the newest and nicest cars. I guess that's why I never cared much for cars. Now, I just make sure the maintenance is good with oil changes and tune-ups, but appearance is not a show stopper for me. When I go back home, my dad scolds me and then proceeds to wash my vehicle. I tell him not to worry about it, but he sneaks out and does it anyway.
__________________
Hams Against Magnetic Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2018, 9:09 PM
ridgescan's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Posts: 4,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
That's too funny. My dad always had the newest and nicest cars. I guess that's why I never cared much for cars. Now, I just make sure the maintenance is good with oil changes and tune-ups, but appearance is not a show stopper for me. When I go back home, my dad scolds me and then proceeds to wash my vehicle. I tell him not to worry about it, but he sneaks out and does it anyway.
I'm with Dad on this one
__________________
BC785D to Diamond D130J @50'
Icom R8600, RS DX-160 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icom R75,
'54 SX-88 #127 to 100' endfed wire/9:1 trans. @40'
RS Pro 2066 in truck to Larsen Tribander
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2018, 1:04 PM
ridgescan's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Francisco, Ca.
Posts: 4,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
I think mine has to do with when I was growing up, my Dad spent Saturday washing or cars. He had carpet floor mats with clear plastic mats on top of them and then paper mats on top of those. Our feet had to be on the paper at all times and we were not allowed to touch the windows, dash or the door panels. I hated it so much that I grew to hate washing my own vehicles. On my trucks I always delete the carpet when ordering. That does suck about them doing that to your baby. I know my Dad would have a fit of they did that to one of his cars.
Also, I admit I'm somewhat fanatic but not quite as much as your Dad me and my gal even eat in the Lexus sometimes and I do have WeatherTech floor liners but no plastic/paper'
The Lexus hasn't qualified as my baby yet-too new. My baby is my 17 year old Tacoma truck-that truck has earned baby status
__________________
BC785D to Diamond D130J @50'
Icom R8600, RS DX-160 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icom R75,
'54 SX-88 #127 to 100' endfed wire/9:1 trans. @40'
RS Pro 2066 in truck to Larsen Tribander
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Yesterday, 7:52 AM
kb2crk's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: arnoldsville ga.
Posts: 129
Default

wash a car? If I washed my truck the dirt holding together would be gone. That would be bad. But then the truck only has 457,000 miles on it so if it falls apart, well it falls apart........
I would have to put it back together and drive it some more.
__________________
some people are like slinky's. not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions