WHat antenna for my (Boat anchor) Halli SX-62A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD5SPJ

I am using a hunk of copper wire right now and it is just OK. I am here to find out if the antenna I am looking at is a good way to go, if I need to run it thru a tuner and other questions.

First off the Alpha Delta models look pretty good for my receivers coverage and I live on a small 10 acre ranch where I can put up a long dipole or sloper. Which is the best for my radio and any comments or questions are welcomed!

thanks, 73s, Kevin

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What are you trying to hear, Kev? And are you going to listen 1.8-30 Mhz or just on some ranges?

The Alpha Delta models are quite good, but why spend that kind of money when you can often build antennas for less money?

Antennas like a random wire will cover more territory, frequency wise, but the longer they get, the more they tend to be directional off their ends.

Like I mentioned in another forum, our HF antennas wiki has a number of links to different designs. You've got some space, and you already have some antennas - why not mount something off the tower?

A tuner is really only necessary if you are using a compromise antenna to cover more ranges (receiving, of course - there are good reasons to use a good tuner if you are transmitting), or the design requires it.

Time to take out the soldering iron, get some coax and start building! Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.