Sennheiser Wireless S-72817 072817 EM/SR 2-Section Telescoping BNC Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Hi guys, alot of good folk have sent me ideas for my Alinco dj-x11t for better receiving below 30 mhz. So heres what I did, simple, and it works for me. I am finally hearing rtty /cw signals and other stuff pretty good.. Sennheiser Wireless s 72817 072817 Em SR 2 Section Telescoping BNC Antenna Pair | eBay I have this antenna, but modified. The 1st peice is the bnc connection, remove antenna with teeny philips screwdriver. 2nd is to find an OLDER radio/tape player..... Remove it's antenna. Stick antenna into bnc connection, put teeny screw back in TIGHT. I now have a 30 inch am/fm antenna. The original antenna that comes with the bnc is too short for a GOOD receiving antenna for me. Bigger 1 is working for me... Those short ones usually come with desktop scanners. ( It did serve on a scanner, til now ) Well, thats working for me, but i still want 1 on the roof... A real 1...

Last edited:

Fast1eddie

They appear to be of good quality, but somewhat pricey I think. Give you a tip here, periodically clean the outside of your radio's BNC and tighten the antenna's ground ring with needle nose pliers. Dirt will build up and over time the antenna will start to feel sloppy and loose. I prefer a shot of tuner cleaner on a Q Tip. After cleaning it is still good for my ears.

mainetrunk

I just gave it the run thru. 1khz--29 mhz. Focussing on just radio stations compared to other tests I ran with wire this way / that way / rubber duck. I do believe I found my new feild antenna. It caught 28 out of 30 stations on the list, and caught 5 more. Not including an airport wx channel, 10049 usb.. That usb stuff is fun to tune. Well, thats my invention, hope it works for you too.. Remember, antenna came off am/fm radio, so it does 1/2 the squeal that a wire does. ( for me at least )

mainetrunk

After doing a ton of research, and talking with Inovative Antenna,, I may find a way to put THIS antenna on the roof. Why? All the other rooftop hf I seen are too big or too fanaggled. ( too mush wire to stretch for my situation ) Boy, I jumped into this hobby face 1st didnt I? Now to get a proper telescopic antenna..

mainetrunk

How about I put this antenna in a fiberglass tube ( old marine vhf antenna hollowed ) stick THAT on the roof. I got a chance today to test that antenna, and I like it. A 3 foot hf antenna. What do you guys think? I already ordered the Belden coax..

Last edited:

mainetrunk

I gtot the cable today, $0.66 foot. I also got a UHF SO-239 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coax-Connec...xial_Cables_Connectors&hash=item338709aa03,or playing with until I can get on the roof. Its actually hooked up now with 2 wires coming off it, all stainless nuts n bolts, washers.. It goes down the coax 30 feet, made 23 wraps -coil- around a pvc 1-inch-1/2....18 inches long. 1 foot of coax to male bnc connected to sma/female bnchttp://www.ebay.com/itm/BNC-F-Jack-to-SMA-M-Straight-Radio-Antenna-Adapter-For-Alinco- . I heard rtty signals clearer than ever yet.. cant wait to get the Sennweiser up, til then-- wire patrol..http://www.ebay.com/itm/BNC-F-Jack-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item5d4816d434

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.