Longwire Impedance Matcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am going to put out on my balcony 80' feet of speaker wire. I am going to make a large square with the wire and also connect the longwire to an LIM-Longwire Impedance Matcher. My question is when I finish making the square out of the Longwire do I connect both ends of the speaker to the LIM-Longwire Impendence Matcher.
Steve

Blackswan73

If you connect only one side, then you will have basically a long wire that is a good wideband receive and somewhat ominidirectional antenna. If you connect both ends, then you have created a loop antenna that will be resonant on a very narrow range of frequencies, and very directional

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Longwire antenna

If you connect only one side, then you will have basically a long wire that is a good wideband receive and somewhat ominidirectional antenna. If you connect both ends, then you have created a loop antenna that will be resonant on a very narrow range of frequencies, and very directional

Ok, thank you I was not aware of that.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Antenna

Better you hook it up as a long wire it will be more broad banded.......

Yea, I will hook it up as a broad Band, I will be using it for HF Utility listening and it's going to face North on my 4th floor apartment balcony, I had it up a couple of years ago and it work great but was wondering about the two different ways to hook up the wire.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.