Duplexer- Antenna Splitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Yes but only within the frequency range of its two bands. I've not seen one by MFJ/Comet/Diamond that will separate frequency ranges within the HF band but there are some that will separate HF and 6m where you could have one antenna feeding say a 10m radio and a 6m radio.

If you want to run one antenna feeding a radio on 40m and another on 80 or 20m, etc at the same time, that is possible but with some very exotic band specific filter/diplexers.
prcguy

Can a duplexer (MFJ,Comet) be used as a HF antenna splitter? I have two radios I want to feed with a single antenna.

riverrat373

Universal Radio has the Apex SPL-2 splitter/combiner but it's $120. I was hoping that a duplexer would work. I kind of realized what you said but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the reply.

prcguy

I was assuming transmitting was part of your plan. If this is for receive only then all you need is a 2-way power divider rated for the frequency range you need. You can sometimes find them on Ebay for under $20. Just be aware a 2-way divider will loose at least 50% or 3dB of the signal fed to each receiver but that's usually not a problem for the low to mid HF band. You will notice the loss at the higher end of HF where atmospheric noise does not dominate your receiver noise floor.
prcguy

Universal Radio has the Apex SPL-2 splitter/combiner but it's $120. I was hoping that a duplexer would work. I kind of realized what you said but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the reply.

majoco

Stirrer
I made one some time ago - don't use it now as I have an amplified multi-coupler, just simply soldered across the backs of three BNC sockets, don't know why the resistor is 18ohms....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.